Wednesday, November 4, 2009

VOiP

I made a phone call in response to an SEO lead for our CRM system, SalesInSync.

I was greeted with a groggy, "hullo?"


"I'm calling in response to your inquiry about our web-based CRM", I responded.

"Oh, I'm in Seattle. It's pretty early here. I haven't even had my coffee yet."

Embarrassed I said, "Oh I thought you were in Virginia, I'm pretty conscious of time zones since I do a lot of work by phone. I thought it was 9:00 a.m.".

"Nope, it's 7:00 a.m. Can I call you in a couple of hours?"

This gentleman is travelling with his VOiP phone. His area code and website indicate he's in Virginia although he can pick up his line any where in the country or even the world. I don't know how VOiP phone etiquette will evolve. Unless business people don't mind being called at any time of the day or night. If they do, they'll need to communicate in some way how they'd like to be reached.

Interesting new technology dilemma, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment