Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"You Have to Know Someone"

This is a myth I hear people repeat when they are trying to make a sale or look for a job. It seems people feel outside of the connected inner circle where opportunities flow effortlessly.

I've never been inside that connected inner circle. It never occured to me that there was any easy street path to success in anything I did. I knew I wasn't going to get front door treatment on any opportunity. So I looked for side doors, back doors, hallways, ways to crawl through windows and dig tunnels. In doing so, I created some opportunties for myself.

I have not really experienced sales people getting deals out of sheer luck or connections. There is usually some hard work or strategy behind the win. Don't let yourself fall into the trap of believing there is some secret method you don't know about.

Stick to the Basics of Sales and you'll create your own connections and your own consistent success.

No comments:

Post a Comment