1. Don’t Let the Negativity Get You Down. There is business out there for those who will get it. Turn off the TV, and limit the time you will spend with complainers and naysayers.
2. Take the Most Direct Path. The most direct path to getting new customers is to call and ask for the business. If you don’t want to do it, we have a team of fifty B2B callers that consistently produce results. Let us do it for you.
3. Get your CRM in order. Are you tracking data that makes sense for your business? Do the sales people consistently fill out the fields? Are they contacting prospects at least 5 times to get
appointments. Do they follow up? Don’t have a CRM? Call us 312.375.3822 we’ll get you set up right away.
4. Make Your Service Offering as Competitive as Possible. Make sure your sales are profitable. When the credit market was free and easy it was seductive to think “we’ll give it away now and make it up in volume later.” That’s a myth. Don’t sell products and services that are not profitable.
5. Know your competition. You can’t sell against a company or person if you don’t know them inside and out. Be honest about their strengths and weaknesses as well as your own.
Keep a Steady Stream of Prospects Coming In. Lists are easy to get and it’s easy to profile targets. Call us if you need help.
6. Enhance Your Sales Skills. Can your sales people prospect? handle objections? Negotiate price effectively? If you’d like some tips check out our blog at www.fcmsales.blogspot.com if you’d like some help, call for a quote on a Company-Specific Sales Program.
7. Maximize Your Marketing. With digital media there are several effective, no cost or low cost tools available to get the word out. There’s no excuse not to. If you need help let us know.
8. Analyze Your Sales Process. Where are your sales people the strongest – prospecting? Proposals? Presentations? Where are they the weakest? If you don’t know and are interested in analysis, call us.
9. Be Persistent. Have a simple vision or goal and stick to it. Make sure that every action every day supports that vision/goal. Don't give up to soon. The work you do each day solidifies the foundation for the new business you are after.
10. Have Fun. If you’re not having fun, think about doing something else. It’ll be better for you, for the company, for the customers and the prospects. If you’re not having fun every day, ask yourself, ‘why not?’